Search This Blog

Going On Your First Dates After Your Divorce

By Shoshana Jackson
Before you attempt to get back on the dating scene stop and think. If you were in a long-term relationship, a lot about you has changed. Become reacquainted with yourself before you bring new people into your life. Your own wants and needs may have significantly altered; this is often easy to forget.
by "First Dates After Your Divorce"  by Elizabeth Butcher via suite101.com


After my divorce I felt pressure to move on with my life, but it’s important
to move at your own pace. No one can tell you when you’re ready to start dating again. You need to work on our own timetable.

After your divorce, before you start dating, you need to get to know who you are again. While you were in your relationship, you changed. For some the change may be subtle, but there are differences in who you are now and who you were before. Rediscovering who you are is one of the most important things you can do before you meet someone new.







I still remember some of my first dates after my divorce. They were stressful which lead to some dating anxiety. After ten years of marriage, I didn’t really remember what a first date was like. I wasn’t really comfortable dating before I was married, so this was not something that came easy to me.

As I dated more, I became comfortable with dating, men and with myself. You’ll find that when it comes to dating after your divorce you really need to get your feet wet and soon you’ll be ready to jump in the dating pool. By knowing yourself first, you’ll be able to keep yourself afloat when things don’t work out.

Comment/Discussion Questions: What is the major problem you’re having when it comes to dating after your divorce? If you’ve been divorced, how did you get back in the dating scene after your divorce? Leave a comment below.

Follow me on Twitter, “like" my Facebook Page or join my "circle" on Google+ Pages for the latest updates on my articles or subscribe to my blog by email or RSS Feed or Follow my page in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment