Search This Blog

Healing a Broken Heart by Healing Yourself

By Shoshana Jackson

“Sometimes the relationship you need to rescue is the one with yourself. Moving past a breakup is about you, not your ex.”
By Dr. Phil via drphil.com

Okay, I'm not really a fan of Dr, Phil, but I think this is a great quote.

After a break up, most people focus on the process of healing a broken heart. They work on letting go of the relationship and moving on to find new love. However, to be successful when starting this new phase of your life, you need to start by healing yourself.

A healthy relationship with yourself is essential to the success of any new relationship. That means healing yourself by learning how to love yourself as you are right now. To accept the things you can’t change. It means making the changes you want to make yourself the person you want to be.


So, while the process of healing a broken heart may have something to do with your ex, he shouldn’t be the focus. You should be the focus. Heal yourself first, then you can work on finding love with someone else or even bringing your ex back into your life.

Comment/Discussion Questions: What’s the best way to starting healing a broken heart, after a break up? How can you start healing yourself, so that you’re ready to move on with your life? Leave a comment.

Follow me on Twitter, “like" my Facebook Page or join my "circle" on Google+ Pages for the latest updates on my articles or subscribe to my blog by email or RSS Feed or Follow my page in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment